How often have people recommended you to sign up for a virtual mailbox? Well, if you are tired of using the traditional mailbox or a USPS PO box, then you understand what it’s like to have to drive to the post office only to find out that you have received junk mail. If you are a small business owner or someone who receives a lot of important mails on an everyday basis, you need to have secure means of mail management solutions by your side to save you from pulling your hair out of sheer frustration. Now that we have your attention, let’s take a look at how you can manage both your personal and business mails with a highly secure and functional Virtual Mailbox.
You probably must have heard of a virtual mailbox at some point in your life. Before jumping into the specifics of what a virtual mailbox is, just remember that this is one of the best mailbox solutions that you can go for to manage all kinds of incoming mails. These digitalized platforms are designed with cutting-edge technology which operates as per the user’s commands. Not only can you keep your mails safe, but you also have the freedom to decide what to do with these mails.
So, What Is a Virtual Mailbox? Are Virtual Mailboxes and Virtual Po Boxes the Same?
Virtual mailboxes or virtual PO boxes are digitalized mailboxes that can be accessed anytime and anywhere by the user. Many companies provide virtual mailbox services which give the users a separate permanent street address that is entirely different from the local address. The street addresses given to the user are unique and cannot be accessed by anybody else. These street addresses are managed by the virtual offices that provide this service to the public.
Virtual mailboxes are similar to the traditional PO boxes with the only exception that these mailboxes are more advanced as it is incorporated with many technologies. The working of this service is very easy. You simply sign up for this service and receive regular mails. After receiving the mails, you automatically receive a digital preview of the mails. It is up to you to decide what you can do with the mails(discard mails, shred the mails, mail forwarding, etc).
What does arrived at hub in USPS mean? Check it out here.
The primary reason why this service is so popular is that the user who owns the mailbox is in complete control of all the incoming mails. Mails can be forwarded, scanned, opened, shredded, or even held at the mailbox. This service has as the user is the only authoritative figure who can manage the mails based on their accord. Another specialty of these mailboxes is that they can accept all kinds of mails(letters, flats, packages, etc) from every mail carrier. For extra services and extra features, you might need to pay an extra fee.
Reasons Why You Might Need a Virtual Mailing Address
As mentioned earlier, a virtual PO box is the most secure means to have all mails stored in one single place. If you’re still not convinced, then here are some of the reasons why you might need a virtual mailing address.
Save You From Identity and Mail Theft
As you might already know, porch pirates can steal more than just your packages. If you aren’t at home when the delivery is made, these porch pirates can steal your mail along with your mailing details such as name, address, company, etc., and create a fake identity to carry out their malicious activity. A virtual PO box is a great way to save yourself from theft.
Protect Your Address
If your business address and your home address are the same, then you are unintentionally inviting people to your residence. You never know when a customer barges into your house uninvited and causes a scene. It is important to keep your business and private details separate to keep yourself safe.
If you are a business owner, then you understand the need to have a separate business mailing address as it not only keeps your personal information safe but also gives a professional rating to your business.
Easy Mail Sorting
As mentioned earlier, you can sort all your mails easily as you immediately receive a digital preview of the scanned mails that have just arrived. With a single command, you can manage and structure all your mails.
The Best Mailbox Services
Here are some of the top picks for the best mailbox services.
PO Box Zone
This is a digital mailbox that offers all the services you need to keep all your mails in one place. This service is great for those who aren’t always in the United States but have the option to access mails online. Features and pricing include:
- Letter scanning
- Access to mobile apps
- USPS, FedEx and DHL mail carrier service
- Add upto 6 different names to your account
- Pricing plans are $99, $150 and $250 for low-cost, moderate and premium plans
Check out the cost of certified mail from here.
Northwest Registered Mail
This virtual PO box is a great service for all small businesses. the registered mailbox service is applicable in all the states of the United States which is free for the first year but then charges a fee of $225 along with the state fee. Here are the features and the pricing plans:
- Scanning emails on the same day
- Ability to send texts and voicemails to anyone from any device
- The initial subscription fee is $225 along with the state fee
- The annual renewal fee is $125
My Company Works
This is one of the most popular virtual offices that offer a virtual mail box and has a proven track record of over 50,000 mailboxes ever since it has launched in the year 2001. My company works is a trustworthy company that has provided reliable mail management solutions to its customers.
- A fast business service
- It is easy to use
- Offers a free annual report of the business
- The fee structure ranges from $79, $199 and $279
Alliance Virtual Offices
This company offers virtual mailing addresses to more than 40 countries. You can select an address from the United States, UK, UAE, Mexico, and Netherlands. This company has a vast global network working in more than 12,000 locations. Here are some of the most prominent features offered by this company:
- In addition to a virtual address, you also get an entire office workspace such as meeting rooms, live reception services, business phone numbers, etc
- You can use this commercial address for all kinds of business activities such as formation of an LLC, credit agreements, and much more
- The pricing of this service is $49 per month
US Global Mail
US Global Mail is one of the most popularly used virtual offices that you can sign up for. The specialty of this service is that this can be used y almost everyone; businesses, online shoppers, and even those who want a private virtual address, although it is most commonly used by large enterprises. US Global Mail offers mailbox services to only one street address which is Houston, Texas, so if you are a traveler or a digital nomad, then you can use this mailbox service provider. This service offers 3 kinds of plans which are; a personal plan which costs $9.95, a personal plus at a rate of $14.95, and finally, the business plan which starts at $24.95. The business plan offers a lot of features, unlike the personal plan. The features you get with every mail depend on what kind of service plan you have chosen.
Are Virtual Mailboxes Legal?
As most government procedures to this day require you to have a physical street address, many people keep wondering if the virtual PO boxes are legal in the first place. The good news is that these PO boxes are 100% legal and can also be used to form an LLC(which is a legal business entity formation). As virtual mailboxes provide a real street address, then without a doubt, a virtual PO box address is completely legal and can be used by anyone. These are also the most secure forms of mailing services.
Guide to Virtual Mail box
Who Uses a Virtual Address?
A virtual address is valuable to the following types of people:
- Small Businesses: When startups and small businesses get a virtual address, they can enjoy the benefits of being a commercial office, get extreme privacy protection, manage and maintain records and much more
- Digital Nomads: these are people who are always on the move and need an online mailbox to manage mails.
- Travelers: Frequent travelers cannot use a physical po box as they are at a risk of piling up all the mails.
Now that you have an idea of what a virtual mail box is, here is how you can sign up for a virtual mailbox that serves all your purposes.
How to Sign Up for Any Virtual Mailing Address
- To sign up for a virtual mailing address, you need to find the right company that will provide all the necessary services you need for your personal or business use.
- Keep a note of all the services you might need before signing up for the virtual po box .
- You can check out the ones mentioned on this page, or you can google Virtual Mailbox Near Me to find the closest service.
- Then you need to select an address from the mail box locations that are provided to you. Finally, make the payment, and you are done.
Get a USPS Virtual Mail box
If you need a virtual mail box for USPS, then follow the steps given below, but remember that this service does not accept mails from other mail carriers.
- Complete the USPS Form 1583. This form is used to request for a virtual po box in the USA. With this form, the commercial mail receiving agents (CMRAs) are allowed to receive the mails on behalf of the customers
- then you need to file a change of address so that the mails can be rerouted to a new address. A change of address can be permanent or temporary. Based on your case, fill the application form and submit it to reroute the mails
- Once the date comes into effect, the mails will be rerouted to the new destination. The virtual po box can be accessed by logging into your account and then manage the incoming mails.
A virtual box is a game-changer that proves to be beneficial in managing your everyday business activities. Once you sign up for this service, you will soon start to see a great change in your daily schedules. These digital platforms provide all workspace management services with barely any drawbacks.
How long does USPS inbound into customs mean? Check it out by clicking this link here.
Remember to do thorough research before you select any company and also make sure to view the track record as this will help you make an impactful decision. To help you narrow down the search results, here are some of the virtual po boxes which we think are good for an office workspace. For more information on different kinds of virtual addresses, make sure to check out one of our previous articles, “LLC Virtual Address”.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ’s)
A virtual mailbox gives you all the traditional mailbox services such as mail shredding, scanning, mail forwarding, etc. A virtual office on the other hand is used by small businesses or startups to establish a small office workspace such as official business phone answering services, live reception services, meeting rooms, etc.
Yes, you can select any mail box location from the list of given locations while signing up for the mailbox services. The location of the virtual mailbox can be in a different city or state.