Have you ever encountered a situation where your mails were timely delivered, but to the wrong address? I can imagine how frustrating that can be. In fact, I’ve been through it a lot many times than I can imagine. I remember tracking my application for regular updates multiple times a day and endlessly calling the customer service phone number to have the situation fixed as quickly as possible. Now, there are many ways to sort the FedEx delivered to wrong address issues. In this blog, I have listed some of the ways that worked pretty well in my favor and had my packages delivered to the right location in an instant. So, if you find yourself in this grave situation, you will have an idea of what to do.
FedEx Delivered to Wrong Address
What’s worse than having to wait for your mails is to have them delivered to the wrong address. When you first have your mails delivered to the wrong location, you probably were quite surprised to find out that an esteemed organization such as FedEx would also fail to make the right delivery.
On FedEx vehicle for delivery – What does this mean? Learn about it from here.
So, did they just neglect the shipping label on the package and intentionally deliver it to the wrong location, or was it the fault of the customer? Well, sometimes FedEx wrong address delivery happens because of the right reasons. For example; you might have misprinted the address on the shipping label which led to FedEx wrong delivery. Sometimes, when you aren’t at home, the mailmen intentionally drop the mail at your neighbor’s to prevent it from being stolen. As you can see, there are many reasons for FedEx delivered to wrong address situation. Regardless, of whatever the reason might be, you just want your mails back. So, how can you do that? Let’s just say that there are many ways to have your mails rerouted to the right destination.
When and Why Do You Receive Fedex Delivered to Wrong Address Message?
How can you figure out that the mails were delivered to the wrong address? Unless it was a blunder from your side, you couldn’t figure out that the mails were misdelivered if it wasn’t for the tracking updates. As FedEx is known to have a great package tracking tool, you can use it to your advantage. If the mails were misdelivered, then you will receive “Delivered” as the tracking update. In case you did not find the mails at your address despite thoroughly checking for them, then it is evident that the mails were misdelivered.
Another reason for misdelivery could be due to the area that you live in. if you live in an apartment type area, or a small town, then the mailman might have got confused and dropped the mail somewhere near the destination address. In some cases, you might have just moved into a new address and forgot to have your change of address done due to which mails were delivered to the previous address.
What Can You Do if Fedex Delivered to Wrong Address
If your mail is delivered to the wrong address, then you will receive the tracking status as Delivered. In case, you receive the Delivered status, but the mail was not found in the mailbox, then you can move to the next step which is to go on a scavenger hunt.
The first thing that you can do is check every corner of your residence and look for the package. Your package can be kept somewhere on the front porch or in the backyard to protect it from porch pirates. You should also check the neighboring residences and also ask them if they have any knowledge of your package. Sometimes the mailmen drop off the mails at the neighbor’s residence when the recipient is not home. There’s a possibility that your mails were placed somewhere on your neighbor’s porch/backyard/mailbox.
Call FedEx Helpline
The next thing that you can do to get your mails is to call the FedEx customer support helpline and ask for assistance. You can also use the virtual assistant on their official website and enter your queries. Provide the tracking numbers along with the other details needed to help track the package. With these details, it shouldn’t take long to track your mails.
Contact the Shipper
Most of the time, simply calling the FedEx customer helpline to track FedEx wrong delivery address is not sufficient. If the FedEx delivered to wrong address situation is not fixed, then you can contact the shipper who shipped your mails. By contacting the shipper, you can directly provide the tracking details and request them to track your mails. Sometimes the shipper can also help you replace the items in your mails if the package was of utmost importance or if it was time-sensitive or had a high market worth. In addition to helping you track your mails, it also helps in getting you a refund or having your item replaced.
Sometimes, few FedEx users prefer to use a premium delivery method in which the recipient needs to sign the package receipt upon delivery. If you see the signature confirmation on your tracking status, then it means that someone at your residence has taken the package on your behalf. This method is quite helpful in finding out FedEx wrong delivery address.
In rare cases, the updates on the tracking system are updated as “Delivered” way before the actual delivery takes place. In this scenario, you should try waiting a day or two. And if this does not seem to work out, then you can switch to any of the other methods above.
If you want to avoid any FedEx Delivered to Wrong Address problems in the future, then you can use the FedEx signature confirmation for safe delivery. Other than that, you can also have the mails held at the post office so that it gives you the convenience of having your mails picked up without the interference of anyone else.
Most of you might be thinking if FedEx covers the costs for the damages that your mails had to endure. If you are not aware, FedEx, unlike any other mailing service is responsible for covering the cost of damages or lost packages up to a certain amount. However, you must remember that if the mail was lost after being delivered, then FedEx is not responsible for having to pay for the insurance coverage. Most packages have automatic insurance coverage, whereas some do not. So, before you file for a claim, you must be well versed with the insurance provided to your mails.
Does FedEx deliver to mailbox? Learn about it from here.
Filing an Insurance Claim
You can file a claim for certain shipment classes such as FedEx Freights, FedEx Ground, or FedEx Express. Insurance claims can be applied to packages that are shipped within the United States, shipped to other countries from the United States, or from Canada to the United States. To file an insurance claim for FedEx delivered to wrong address, you need to:
- Log in to your account on the FedEx website
- Hover over the Support tab and then click on File a Claim
- Fill the application form and provide the supporting documents
- Review the application and submit your claims
You can file a claim not only if the mails are lost, but also for those mails which are damaged during transit. Before filing a claim, you must have all the information on the insurance coverage for your mails. Sometimes, due to certain limitations, you might be eligible for an insurance claim. So, make sure that you take a look at the insurance policy before you file a claim for Fedex misdelivery.
Am I Eligible for a Refund if Fedex Delivered to Wrong Address?
FedEx offers refunds to its customer but not for the following cases:
- If the company has the tracking information of the mails being dropped at the right destination which is mentioned on the shipping label then in this scenario, a refund will not be issued.
- If the mails were lost after a successful delivery was made, then once again, the fedex corporation is not responsible for the lost mails
The only case in which a refund is applicable is when the customer pays for an Express delivery, but the mails do not reach the recipient on the scheduled date. Starting August 2021, FedEx announced that they will only be offering refunds to those customers who did not get the express delivery they paid for. The mail classes which are applicable for this service are:
- International First
- First Overnight
- International Priority freight
- International Priority
- Priority Overnight
- Standard Overnight
For other mail classes, the refunds are suspended until notice is made. There are two ways to contact the FedEx mail carrier. You can either reach out to them via phone by calling (800) 463-3339 or send a mail to the following address.
3875 Airways, Module H3 Department 4634
Memphis, TN 38116
Changing the Address of the Fedex Shipments
Does FedEx allow changing the recipient’s address? And if it does, then how can you do it? This is one of the most asked questions by the FedEx audience. A change of address is referred to as a Reroute. A reroute request is a change of address request, which allows the person to change the destination addresses to something other than the one mentioned on the shipping label. Per package, only one reroute is applicable.
FedEx offers a change of address to its customer only if the following conditions are true:
- There aren’t any restrictions imposed by the sender on changing the address
- The latest address is not located in a different country
- And the shipment has not been delivered to the recipient yet
A reroute can be done in the following ways:
- Changing the address of the street to another street within the same city
- Request for a home delivery instead of a Hold at FedEx Location which avoids the FedEx Delivered to Wrong Address problem
- Change to a Hold at FedEx Location instead of a Home Delivery
- Changing the Hold at FedEx Location to another Hold Location
Change the Delivery Address of the Packages That Are Shipped
You can change the delivery address of a package that you have already shipped but didn’t reach the destination. It can be done in the following ways:
- Go to the FedEx tracking portal and enter the reference or tracking number
- Click on Manage Delivery> Edit Delivery Address
- By pressing Continue, you agree that the mail will be arrived at a date other than the initial expected date
- If you feel that you want to cancel the request, then press Nevermind
- Edit the address and press Continue
- Now enter the contact information and press Submit
- A number is sent to you, which you can keep safe for future reference
- Finally, click Done
Another way to change your address is by giving a call to the FedEx phone number 03456 07 08 09. Just give them a call and request an address change.
Things You Need to Know About the Change of Delivery
Before you change the destination address of the mails, you need to keep the following points in account:
- Additional restrictions and fee apply to you if you are willing to change your account
- There aren’t any surcharges for holding the mails at the FedEx facility
- To fetch the mails from the FedEx facility, the recipient must carry the valid ID proof
- this request might lead to delays as the mail carriers needs to change their routes completely
- the FedEx Money Back guaranteed does not apply to those mails which have changed addresses
- FedEx is in charge of determining the shipment route to have your mails shipped to the changed address
- The tracking for the changed addresses can be viewed on the fedex tracking page
Keep Track of Your Deliveries Online With the Fedex Delivery Manager
As the title gives away the context, the FedEx delivery manager gives you multiple features to work with such as mail tracking, mail delivery, and secure ways to store your shipping details online. Users can also use this service to file an address change and track mails with efficiency to avoid the FedEx Delivered to Wrong Address situation. You can sign up for free and avail yourself of all the exceptional features this service has to offer. Here is the sign-up procedure to receive mail notifications for FedEx Delivery Manager:
- Click on the FedEx Delivery Manager link given above and then log in to your account
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions given on the page
- On the next page, you can either confirm or change the residential delivery address
- Then agree to the terms and conditions
- the next step is to verify your identity by answering a set of questions. You need to answer the security questions correctly and if you were unable to do so, then you have to wait 24 hours before the next sign up attempt
- In the next step, you need to decide how you want to receive the notifications for the incoming packages at your residential address. There are a total of 6 ways through which you can receive incoming mail notifications
- you may choose to receive updates via email, text or through an automated phone call
- Whichever service you might want, you will receive a confirmation code which need to be entered on the space provided
- Other than receiving the confirmation on the phone, FedEx will also email you the confirmation code.
- After responding to the confirmation text, you will be signed up for FedEx Delivery Manager
FedEx Mobile App
The FedEx mobile app is a convenient tracking and shipping tool that can help you manage all your mails with just a swipe. Download the app from the FedEx website and gain access to many benefits such as:
- Tracking all the packages
- to get a deeper insight into all the incoming mails, you can sign up for the FedEx Delivery Manager
- Create shipping labels for both international and domestic deliveries
- Opt for a change of address
- Get regular tracking updates on your phone
- You can also give a signature for your mails
- Have the mails held at any FedEx location
- View the shipping rates
Simply download the app from the website and log in to your account to start using the services offered by the company.
USPS available for pickup but no delivery attempt. What does this mean? Check it out from here.
As a general rule of thumb, FedEx delivered to wrong address happens mostly due to the inability to find the accurate address. If you are living in a big city, then having the mailmen look for your address is quite difficult. Even if your mails end up being delivered to the wrong address, many ways can help you retrieve your mails in no time. However, instead of waiting for such mishaps to happen, it would be best if you signed up for the FedEx virtual mailbox.
These virtual addresses will save you so much hassle by collecting all your mails in a single place without you having to go to the post office or having the mailman lose your mails during delivery. Once your mails reach the mailbox, they are scanned and sent to your residence upon request.
We will take a look at the FedEx virtual mailboxes in one of our upcoming articles. Till then, hope you enjoyed reading FedEx Delivered to Wrong Address…
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ’s)
When FedEx delivers someone else package to you, then you have to immediately contact FedEx customer service and let them know about the problem.
You do not receive a refund if FedEx delivered to the wrong address as refunds are only applied to those who opted for express delivery but did not receive their mails immediately. You can, however, file an insurance claim.