What does it mean when the status shows “Package Departed UPS mail innovations facility, enroute to USPS for induction” on your tracking app?
When your status update shows “package departed ups mail innovations facility, Enroute to USPS for induction”, this simply means that your package is in transit and is moving forward in order to reach its destination address.
Breaking down the status, here’s what it implies- ‘package departed ups mail innovations facility’. This means that the mail is dispatched from the UPS hub and is out of the UPS radar. ‘Enroute to USPS for induction’ clearly reasons that it is on its way to the USPS facility which can be a local post office or a USPS hub from where the mail will be moving closer to the delivery location. It may even be out for its final delivery at the destination address.
It takes about 48 hours for the package to reach the USPS facility; USPS may take about 3 to 5 days for the mail or the package to reach the recipient’s address.
As long as the package is within the UPS facility, it can be tracked in the UPS tracking app or tool. Once the package departs the UPS mail innovations facility and is taken over by the USPS. Then it can be tracked in the USPS mail tracker.
What time does USPS Deliver? Check it out from here.
How to track a UPS shipment:
In order to track your UPS shipment, here are a few steps that you need to follow:
- Go to the tracking section of the UPS website by clicking on this link.
- You will be directed to a new page where you need to enter the tracking number of your UPS shipment. You can enter up to 25 tracking numbers at one go by entering one tracking number per line.
- Once done, click on the ‘track’ button. If you see the Enroute to USPS for induction, you already know what it means.
If you want to retrieve the recently tracked history, you can either log in to the UPS account or create a UPS online account.
What is UPS, and what are the various services it provides? How does it compare to USPS services?
United Parcel Services, is a competitors to the US postal service. It is also commonly known as UPS is a logistics and supply chain or (if we extensively simplify the meaning of the word) a delivery company based in the United States. Being a global company offering services to over 175 countries, UPS provides various domestic and international postal and communications. Services like efficient and expedited mail delivery services, shipping and packing services for various countries across the world.
This multinational logistic company also offers services like freight management, distribution and e-fulfillment of packages, mailbox services, customs brokerage services, and more. In order to streamline and make the mailing process convenient for its customers. Additionally, the online account of UPS provides options like shipping, billing, tracking of the packages, contract logistics, and more.
Now, if we compare the services between UPS and USPS, there have been varied reviews and opinions from the users and the customers in the online forums. While some feel that the services of the USPS are much more cost-effective compared to UPS. The postal service provides the best possible pricing of its products and services to its customers. Others feel that the shipping and delivery services of the UPS is faster but is expensive when compared to the USPS. Some people also say that UPS provides better service when it comes to shipping heavier packages.
What are ‘UPS mail innovations’? How does it relate to the USPS?
‘UPS mail innovations’ is the mail delivery effort used by the UPS or the United Parcel Services in order to make the delivery process of the mails efficient, smooth, and cost-effective. USPS delivers thousands of emails in a day. In order to make the mailing service better, UPS has collaborated with the United States Postal Services (USPS). Together, they channel and optimize the delivery service of the USPS mails, by transporting large volumes of mails and parcels within the United States. They also deliver to different countries on their extensively spread ground and air transportation networks.
The whole idea of the UPS Mail Innovations facility is to provide interim package delivery and distribution services. They are in partnership with its clients across various industries including the United States Postal Services (USPS) to streamline the mail distribution services and make delivery services convenient. Through this, UPS can go to a lot of local and remote hubs to pick up packages where USPS cannot reach. Once it picks up the packages from the packaging and distribution hubs or the fulfillment center. Then it hands over the packages to the USPS which then delivers it to the final address of the recipient.
USPS on the other hand offers ‘Parcel Return’ services in which the UPS customers can drop their packages. Any packages that need to be returned to the sender at their local post offices can also be submitted; UPS can then retrieve the packages from these post offices and return them to the sender or the retailers.
UPS also supports the postal department’s goals for cleaner and environment-friendly services.
Are there any disadvantages that the customers face due to the UPS Mail Innovations partnership with the USPS?
Although the aim of the UPS and USPS collaboration is to bring inefficient delivery services at an affordable price, there are certain limitations to this program.
- You as a customer or a shipper need to keep a close eye on the movement of the packages until they reach the destination. As both the shipping companies are involved in the process which can be an additional responsibility.
- There can be a possibility of losing the track of the package. When a communication gap when UPS Mail Innovations hands over the parcel to the USPS or vice-versa to move forward.
- In some cases, there can be a possibility of loss or damage to the product due to handling, etc.
- There is no insurance coverage for any of the shipments sent through UPS Mail Innovations. However, you do have the option to purchase insurance through other companies.
- United Parcel Service is a third party or a contracted service partner of USPS. Therefore, it does not enable the generation of UPS Mail Innovations prepaid return label.
Let us now get an overview of the pricing of the various services of the UPS Mail Innovation services.
What does package delayed in transit mean?
What is the pricing for various functions of the UPS mail innovations service?
Oftentimes it is seen that the prices of UPS shipping services are much higher than compared to the postal services of the US. This is because of its fees and surcharges for smaller packages, however, it does work better for larger boxes. The ‘UPS Simple Rate program offers flat rates to its packages. Meaning, you can ship your parcel anywhere in the United States at a standard fixed price along with flexible packaging. The system is set up in a segmented way, which is why you might receive the notification stating “Enroute to USPS for induction”. They have categorized the pricing of the packages into five types depending on the size of the package:
- Extra small (XS) – costs around $8.25 USD. This can be used for single small and lightweight items like t-shirts, small accessories, ceramic mugs etc.
- Small (S)- this size of the package costs $10.75 USD. This can be used for packing a hardcover book. It can also be used for a box of tissue papers etc because of its slightly larger volume.
- Medium (M) – this sized package is used for packing items similar in volume to shoe boxes. This one is priced at $13.00 USD.
- Large (L)- a large packing box costs $17.50 USD. This can accommodate a 14 inches laptop or a regulation basketball.
- Extra-large (XL)- this can be used in packing multiple items like small-sized appliances etc. The pricing of this package is $21.75 USD.
Other companies that work out of the United States that deliver or ship mails and packages
The most common shipping companies that deliver mails and packages within the United States as well as internationally apart from UPS and USPS are:
- FedEx: FedEx is one of the largest international shipping companies which is known for handling fragile items. They also handle temperature-sensitive and delicate products that requires extreme caution while processing and shipping. FedEx also offers a quick delivery service for its international deliveries. This includes overnight or 2-day delivery from the US to another country.
- DHL e-commerce: This also one of the well-known shipping companies in competition with FedEx and UPS. DHL is a great option when you want to ship many e-commerce products at one go. The delivery time for DHL varies from 2 or 3 days. It can go to up to 20 days depending on how long the routes are from one country to another.
So, to conclude, when you see the status update “package departed ups mail innovations facility, enroute to USPS for induction”, you probably know by now what to do! Your package is in transit. Once it inducts into the USPS facility, it will be out for delivery in no time. You just need to keep a track of your package a bit more closely. as two shipping companies are involved in the delivery process. The FAQs below will give you some quick access to the key areas covered in this article.
Learn about new york NY distribution center usps from here.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs):
UPS Mail Innovations is an initiative by United Parcel Services to create strategic delivery solutions, to provide smooth and time-efficient shipping services to its customers. USPS has partnered with UPS to utilize this drive to give higher customer satisfaction and quick delivery service.
It takes about 48 hours for UPS to induct the package into the USPS hub. Once USPS has it, it would take 3 to 5 more days for the postal service to drop the package at the final delivery destination after scanning and performing the checks.
Yes, you can reach the United Parcel Services (UPS) customer care at 1-800-742-5877.
Well, UPS does not provide insurance for its packages shipped through UPS Mail Innovations. However, if the customer wants insurance coverage for his mails or packages, they can do so by purchasing insurance from a third party.
It is sometimes possible that you may lose a track of your package when there is a transition from UPS to the USPS facility. Once the parcel is handed over to USPS, you will be able to retrieve tracking by putting in the tracking number.
Also, it takes about 24 to 48 hours for UPS Mail Innovations to process the mails only after which the tracking is available. If you do not see tracking information after 48 hours, you can contact the customer service representatives to inquire about the same.